CACVT is continually offering more benefits and programs as we grow as a professional association. Current benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
- Networking with your peers
- Quality and affordable continuing education (CE) - offered by CACVT.
- Listings of additional CE available - offered by other groups.
- Take charge and expand your career
- Maintenance of CE credits / certification.
- Bi-Monthly association newsletter, Techniques - now in color when received electronically!
- Bi-Monthly E-nformation
- Access to the CACVT Website
- The CACVT Facebook page
- Give back to the profession and the community by volunteering
- CACVT leadership opportunities
- Career opportunities, job placement, distribution of resumes to veterinarians.
- Protect and promote your profession by broadening your knowledge
- No charge for "Letter of Good Standing"
- Complimentary lists of Relief Technicians and Pet Sitters.
- Win Awards, Technician, Team, Veterinary Technician and Volunteer of the Year Awards
- A full time Executive Director and Administrator.
- Dental plan through Direct Dental Plans
VPI offers members of CACVT a professional discount on pet insurance. Click here for a letter from Rebecca Rose, CVT on the benefits of pet insurance. Contact a VPI sales associate at 1-866-VET-PETS (866-838-7387) or go on line to http://vets.petinsurance.com/
- Contact with support groups such as Peer Assistance Services and grief counseling.
- National representation through NAVTA (National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America).
- Liaison between veterinary associations, other technician associations, and professional groups of interest. We currently attend meetings with NAVTA, CVMA (Colorado Veterinary Medical Association), PetAid Colorado, SART (State Animal Response Team), CFAWA (Colorado Federation of Animal Welfare Agencies), MDSA (Metropolitan Denver Shelter Alliance), and other groups to enhance and promote technician interests.
- Attendance at Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine meetings to keep tabs on the profession.
- Representation on the CVMA Board of Directors.
- Representation on the PetAid Colorado Board of Directors.
- Overall general promotion of the technician profession and veterinary community.
Click here to download the benefits brochure.